Children’s Day is celebrated at different dates all around the world. It promotes not just togetherness but also awareness among children globally. It also celebrates the importance of protecting the rights of our little ones.
In Nigeria 27 of may has been set aside to celebrate our children a day commonly known as “children’s day” while Countries like Portugal, the Czech Republic, and China celebrate it every June 1st. Japan, on the other hand, celebrate it every May 5th as a national holiday. In Turkey, they celebrate it every 23rd of April. In India, this special day is observed every November 14th to honor the memory of its first Prime Minister.
On this day, schools are not only granted a public holiday, but the pupils are also encouraged to participate in marches, social and cultural activities that highlight the dignity of children and their need for love, care, respect and national pride.
Children’s Day is not only to celebrate children, but also to sensitize the world to some of the challenges and abuses children face daily across the globe.
Some of these challenges and abuses come in form of denial of quality education, exploitation, boy/girl child discrimination, killing/maiming, abduction/kidnapping, attacks on schools/hospitals, child prostitution and pornography, not allowing humanitarian access to children, among others.
Currently, research shows that there are tens of millions of out of school children in Nigerian who are not sure of bright future.
However celebrating a day like this with the COVID-19 pandemic has already killed the joy and fun that comes with the special day like may 27th, many students will be indoors with their parents and siblings missing the company of their friends and peers but in all we have to embrace the new normal that we have found ourselves.
However, no matter where you are in Nigeria as a child, make sure you don’t miss this special day. Here’s a curation of inspirational Happy Children’s Day quotes and messages you can share with your children and other parents.
- Every child is an artist, the problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up – Pablo Picasso
- Children are the future. Nurture them right, so that they grow up to be able leaders and lead the world towards light. Happy Children’s Day.
- There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million. -Walt Streightiff
- It’s not our job to toughen our children up to face a cruel and heartless world. It’s our job to raise children
- who will make the world a little less cruel and heartless. –R Knost
- Every time a child is saved from the dark side of life, every time one of us makes the effort to make a difference in a child’s life, we add light and healing to our own lives. – Oprah Winfrey
- We cannot fashion our children after our desires. We must have them and love them as God has given
- them to us. – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
- Children are great imitators. So give them something great to imitate.
- Do not educate children to be rich. Educate them to be happy, so that when they grow up, the will know the value of things and not just the price.
- A person’s a person no matter how small. – Dr. Seus
- A child can always teach an adult three things: to be happy for no reason, to be always busy with something and know how to demand with all his might what you want. – Paulo Coelho
- The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.
- Children need models rather than critics. – Joseph Joubert
- I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. – Martin Luther King
- Never miss an opportunity to tell your child, “I love you”.
On this note Educarenews is wishing our children and pupils a happy children’s day.
Deprecated: preg_split(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($limit) of type int is deprecated in /home/suncitym/public_html/educarenewsng.com/wp-content/themes/jannah/framework/functions/post-functions.php on line 805